You can use the SharePoint site publishing capabilities to build, customize, and maintain publishing sites that meet specific business needs. You can use site features in SharePoint to manage all phases of the content life cycle, including:
- Authoring and reusing site content.
- Branding and designing your site's look, feel, and behavior.
- Managing metadata—you can build a taxonomy-driven site;navigation system.
- Publishing content smoothly to the current site collection, or publishing content across site collections—even spanning the intranet and Internet site boundary.
- Accessibility—you can use to improve the accessibility of your published sites.